As the digital home of the Jewish community in Boston, JewishBoston.com aims to engage our diverse community by uniting all of Boston’s Jewish voices into one cohesive platform. Our newly redesigned website is intended to make it easier for more and more people to participate in Jewish life. We are seeking an Editorial Content Specialist to join JewishBoston’s two-person team in content creation to engage our target audience, including young adults and families with young children. This person is a multifaceted communicator who can help grow JewishBoston’s online presence through strategic content, newsletters and social media. This person works on the daily production and maintenance of the site and provides technical and customer support to our hundreds of organizational and individual site users.
As a key member of the team, the Editorial Content Specialist works closely with both the Director and Content Manager to engage professional staff and lay people at CJP and area organizations to develop content and promote new activities supporting our goals of community engagement. Come be part of the hub of Jewish life in Boston!
- Editorial assistance: Assist the Director in editing original content, including posts from JewishBoston’s reporters and freelance writers, as well as posts from organizations and other site users. Also regularly review all site content, including events and posts, to ensure they meet community guidelines and editorial standards.
- Social media marketing: Share in the management and growth of JewishBoston’s presence on social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Organization brand management: Collaborate with the Content Manager in cultivating and helping the 500-plus community organizations with microsites on JewishBoston optimize their use of the site to better promote their programs and events, and communicating directly with site admins to correct and improve posted content.
- Customer relations and support: Answer technical support and general questions (via phone, email and social media) from organizations and other site users, and manage any online feedback forums, including user surveys and focus groups.
- Measurement: Work with the Director and Content Manager to best utilize tools and methodologies to provide analysis on the performance of JewishBoston.com and its social media channels while continually finding ways to improve key metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Teamwork: In addition to being a member of the JewishBoston team, the Editorial Content Specialist is a member of both CJP’s marketing and planning departments, with a unique focus on Jewish learning and engagement, addressing issues of welcoming, inclusion, access and outreach to newcomers and those not deeply involved in the Jewish community. CJP is a collaborative environment, and interdepartmental work is common.
- BA in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications or another related area of study
- 1-3 years related work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Editorial or journalism experience
- Excellent social media knowledge; ability to develop and apply social media strategies
- Ability to learn and adapt to emerging technologies
- Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays, values and religious practices
- Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently
- Ability to think strategically, prioritize tasks, balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to build relationships through multiple methods (in-person, online, phone, etc.)
- Creativity, resourcefulness and capacity for innovation
- High level of energy and flexibility
- Desire and willingness to learn and grow
- Understanding of the Boston Jewish community
- Availability for occasional evening meetings
Reports to Director, JewishBoston.com. Has no direct reports.
Normal office conditions.
Please note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.