The main idea for kids: Shabbat is made sweet by spending time with family and by sharing delicious homemade foods, like traditional challah.
Recommended age: 3+
- One box Tribes-A-Dozen’s Voilà! Hallah Traditional Egg Bread Mix
- Additional baking ingredients as listed on the Voilà! Hallah box
- Chocolate chips or raisins as optional mix-ins
- Follow the baking instructions on the Voilà! Hallah box. Help your child by handing them pre-measured ingredients to add. Your child can help shape and braid the challah, too.
- If adding chocolate chips or raisins, add them right after the wet ingredients, before you start kneading the dough.
- Want to make babka (a loaf-shaped cake) instead? Visit tribesadozen.com/blog for more ways to use the mix.
- Visit JewishBoston.com/Shabbat for instructions and information about Shabbat rituals, including the blessing over challah.
NOTE: For additional baking tips and ideas, please visit tribesadozen.com.
This project was originally featured in JewishBoston.com’s Shabbat of the Month Club program.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.