The main idea for kids: Create place mats to add special decoration to the Shabbat table.
Recommended age: 4+
- Four cotton canvas place mats
- Crayola Fabric Broad Line Markers
- Iron or clothes dryer
- Spread newspaper on a flat work surface and put the place mats on top.
- Your place mat is for your spot at the table. What can you draw that shows off your hobbies and talents? Use the fabric markers to decorate the canvas.
- Follow directions on the fabric marker box for sealing the colors. After sealing, you can wash and dry the place mats as needed.
- Visit JewishBoston.com/Shabbat for instructions and information about Shabbat rituals, including the blessing over challah.
This project was originally featured in JewishBoston.com’s Shabbat of the Month Club program.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.