The main idea for kids: Create a challah cover to make our Shabbat celebration more beautiful.
Recommended age: 4+
- Cotton canvas challah cover
- Crayola Fabric Broad Line Markers
- Iron or clothes dryer
- Spread newspaper on a flat work surface and put the challah cover on top.
- Think about what images represent your family. How could you draw your family? Can you try drawing a challah?
- Use the fabric markers to decorate the challah cover.
- Follow the directions on the fabric marker box for sealing the colors. After sealing, you can wash and dry the challah cover as needed.
- Visit JewishBoston.com/Shabbat for instructions and information about Shabbat rituals, including the blessing over challah.
This project was originally featured in JewishBoston.com’s Shabbat of the Month Club program.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.