JCAM is a non-profit Jewish cemetery association that owns and manages more than 100 Jewish cemeteries in the Greater Boston area. We strive to:
* Ensure the management of Jewish cemeteries in MA
* Provide for the perpetual maintenance and security
of Jewish cemeteries
* Promote joint planning and coordination
of services among its members
* Prevent further abandonment of Jewish cemeteries
* Rehabilitate and maintain abandoned Jewish cemeteries
We are also the caretakers of the history of the Jewish communities throughout Massachusetts; teaching and enlightening the community on the importance and historical significance of our cemeteries. Our historic preservation projects like the Mystic River Jewish Communities Project in East Boston heightens awareness regarding JCAM and serves as a solid foundation for the next generation to carry on with the mission of caring for our departed loved ones.
In addition, JCAM’s extensive, computerized database which houses the records of previously owned, independent or managed cemeteries, provides a practical and historical record of every Jew buried in the Greater Boston area. Our archive has become a valuable genealogical resource for people worldwide.