Registration is open for….
Journey Through the Bible: The Next Best Thing to Time Travel
You may have a copy of the Bible on your bookshelf, but do you know what this important book says? Join others on a captivating journey through the Hebrew Bible, a complex compilation of fascinating material that reflects ancient beliefs, desires, and norms.
You will be part of an online community of approximately 25 participants who will explore:
- The Hebrew Bible in its earliest contexts
- How the Bible became the Bible
- Biblical Law-what is it?
- The influence of the narrative structure on meaning for the Bible
- The diverse character of God in the Bible
- The difference between what the Bible says and what it means
- Exploring how we might use the Bible for understanding the development of Jewish ideas and practices
· Class lectures are led by renowned Bible scholar Marc Brettler, a master educator and teacher who has designed fascinating lectures, created a library of recommended readings, and created thought-provoking questions to ponder throughout the class. Stimulating online discussions on our learning management system platform will enrich your experience.
· This asynchronous class allows you to learn at your own pace, and at a convenient time and place. Our distance-learning platform will enable you to access lectures- approximately 1 hour per session, divided into 5 to 10-minute segments-via your tablet or laptop.
· This single-term class is offered by Me’ah (Hebrew for 100), a journey through the narrative of the Jewish people, a program that has educated thousands of adult learners throughout the Boston area and beyond. We invite you to join our learning community!
For more information contact Sara Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-559-8708+ More... - Less...
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator.