High school seniors, parents, and other supportive adults are invited to join JF&CS TeenSafe to explore strategies to create safe, consensual, and healthy relationships in college.
- A panel of TeenSafe alumnae who will reflect on line after high school and their understanding of healthy and unhealthy dating behavior and sexual assault in college.
- Ruth Abelmann, MEd, Associate Director of Residential Life at the University of New Hampshire, will provide an overview of resources that colleges and universities may offer students and parents. Ruth has been with Residential Life at the University of New Hampshire for more than thirty years. She has dedicated her professional career to promoting high impact living-learning communities for undergraduate students. Ruth welcomes contact with parents and enjoys collaborating with parents to help UNH students succeed and manage challenging situations.
- Separate conversations for adults and teens:
- Student participants will leave with a greater understanding of ways to maintain and promote healthy relationships and how to recognize and respond to unsafe situations.
- Adults will strengthen their ability to talk with and support their teens as they prepare for college and adjust to campus life.
1430 Main St
Waltham, MA 02451
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator.