This week’s “trouble”some news…and it’s only Wednesday.
- Taylor Swift and Harry Styles from One Direction broke up. She should have known he was trouble when he walked in. Can’t wait to hear a new song about it on her next album; maybe she’ll blame Drew Brees for the breakup.
- The Ayalon Freeway in Tel Aviv is underwater. This is the equivalent of the Route 93 tunnel downtown being flooded. How can anyone get anywhere? And there’s snow in Jerusalem.
- Mash-up the voice of Adam Levine, a melody that sounds like Jamiroquai, and a little faux-string action a la “Call me Maybe” and you have this week’s song of the week: Troublemaker by Olly Murs and Flo Rida. Of course Flo Rida is a contributor. I guess Pitbull wasn’t available.
- Omri Casspi’s playing time for the Cleveland Cavaliers has shrunk considerably and rumors are he’s asked for a trade. The Celtics are underperforming— we could use another big guy, no?
- Jihadis are moving into Syrian Army border positions on the Golan Heights. Now that the Egyptian border has been fortified, Bibi is making the Syrian border his next priority.
- And if there’s such thing as good trouble, Israel passed a first-of-its-kind legislation banning super-skinny models from being used in photo shoots or on runways. While pegging an 18.5 BMI as the key determinant of too-skinniness may seem arbitrary, it’s a progressive and bold step. Kol HaKavod.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.