On Sunday, April 6, we’re celebrating Barry Shrage’s 25-plus years at CJP at our Bring Learning to Life event.
During his time at the helm of the organization, CJP staff, volunteers, donors and the community have discovered what a dedicated and fascinating person he is.
Want to learn more about him? Here are 12 things you may not know about Barry Shrage:
- He’s been to Israel approximately 120 times—to participate in missions, to visit our Haifa partners, and to answer the call in case of emergencies.
- He’s a huge Bob Dylan fan.
- He’s a Trekkie.
- His favorite movie is “The Godfather.”
- If he weren’t president of CJP, he’d be working wherever the Jewish community needed him.
- His favorite food is anything that’s not moving—as long as it’s kosher.
- He was an anti-war activist in the 1960s.
- He met his wife, Ellie, in 1975 at Yeshiva University at the Wurzweiler School of Social Work, during its 18th anniversary.
- He likes country music and is a Toby Keith fan.
- He holds regular meetings—almost daily—at Johnny’s Diner in Newton.
- If he could meet anyone, dead or alive, it would be Rabbi Soloveitchik. Zichrono l’vracha.
- Jewish learning is his passion.
Get to know Barry even better by joining us at our upcoming celebration for Barry and Jewish Learning. Learn more>>
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishBoston assumes no responsibility for them. Want to add your voice to the conversation? Publish your own post here.