LimmudBoston 2014, the annual, all-day, volunteer-driven celebration of Jewish culture, will take place on Sunday, December 7, with more than 75 sessions, panels and performances for everyone—beginner to scholar, young to young-at-heart. LimmudBoston speakers will be at area congregations on December 5 & 6 for “Shabbat: the REST of Limmud.” Limmud means “study” in Hebrew. This year’s conference will take place at Congregation Mishkan Tefila, 300 Hammond Pond Parkway in Chestnut Hill, MA. There will be a free shuttle all day from the Chestnut Hill T stop.
The following collaborations are an integral part of this year’s LimmudBoston conference:
• Rick Jacobs, President of the URJ (Reform Movement), is making a weekend of it. He will offer a text study session and is participating in a moderated discussion on ideal Jewish communities with Barry Shrage, President of Combined Jewish Philanthropies (CJP).
• The 20s30s group has planned sessions as “Limmud-within-Limmud”
• Well-known storytellers, Peninnah Schram and Danny Siegel, will inspire audiences for The Jewish Storytelling Coalition (JSC), which is offering both a Havdalah storytelling event on Saturday, December 6th at Mishkan Tefila, as well as a special two-hour storytelling extravaganza during Sunday’s conference.
• The mid-day concert will include musician, Sue Horowitz, along with sign language interpreter, EJ Cohen.
• The Camp Limmud program for ages 3-13 will be coordinated by Kesher, the Jewish after-school program.
• A brand new ambulance, donated by a local family for Magen David Adom (Israel’s emergency health service) will be parked in front of the building all day. After the conference, it will be driven to a port in Baltimore and shipped to Israel. Camp Limmud children will have the opportunity to explore this Magen David Adom ambulance.
• Jewish Spiritual Education (JSE) a program of Reclaiming Judaism, is offering Maggid Educator Ordination, a 3-year process. Those who wish to enroll should contact Rabbi Goldie Milgram, firstname.lastname@example.org
• The presence of 300 Boston area religious school educators is underwritten by CJP, Combined Jewish Philanthropies.
Limmud Boston is for all ages, preregistration is only $36, with special rates for 20s30s and families with Camp Limmud Children (pre-registration required for Camp Limmud). Day of registration is $54. Other details: www.LimmudBoston.org
* Registration closes on December 7th
300 Hammond Pond Pkwy
Newton, MA 02467
$18.00 Young Adult 20s30s
$25.00 Camp Limmud (3-13)-pre-registration required
$54.00 Day of, At the Door
CJP provides the above links concerning third-party events for your convenience only. CJP has no control over the content of the linked-to websites or events they describe, and accepts no responsibility for the websites, including any advertising or products or services on or available from such sites, or for any loss or damage that may arise from your attending, or registering to attend, the described events. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to below, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites and event attendance. CJP is not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in the linked-to materials or at the described events, and all commentary, articles and other content provided at the third-party websites or at the events, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the persons or entities operating the linked-to websites and events. The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply that CJP endorses the described event, or the linked-to website or its operator.